Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Someone's calling

The most interesting thing I learned today was how to retrieve a voice mail message from my work phone.

This was actually more challenging than you might think-- the instructions that I was given are in the form of a scan of a xerox of what I can only hope are the original eight year old instructions that lives on the company intranet.  Oh, and they're actually completely wrong.  Possibly they were written for a different model phone?  It's hard to tell.

Fortunately, the message in question was from myself (last night, testing the system), and it's not likely to happen often, because there's no godly reason anyone would try to contact me outside of business hours, and even during the few times I'm away from my desk during lunch or something most people would just call back a bit later.  This is not a complaint, mind you-- I didn't really want the phone, and I'm just as happy if it never rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment