Sunday, November 4, 2012

Seriously Funny

I have to admit, the more I see of him, the less I understand what all the fuss was about Charlie Chaplin.  Ok, the Eating of the Shoe was amusing, and the Dance of the Dinner Rolls was charming.  But, somewhere, somehow, it just doesn't grab me.

On the other had, Buster Keaton is freaking hysterical.  If you have access to Hulu, go look up Buster Keaton's Short Films.  Something about his casual acceptance and nonchalance in the face of ever-increasing bizzareness is very appealing, and even some of the gags that are blatantly obvious will still startle an outright laugh out of me.  And some of those stunts are amazing.  Things that would be done with CGI these days were done by him (and the others) with props and really good timing.  Funny and impressive.  Go watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment